DIANA ry is anon-profit, non-governmental organisation registered under the laws of Finland, the Finnish Patent and Registration Office, registration number 3241089-9 to mobilise expertise of African academics, researchers and scientists in the diaspora and related resources; facilitate the involvement of this intellectual African diaspora in Africa.
DIANA ry has been launched in the diaspora in one of the world’s citadel of knowledge, education and innovation, Finland with immediate branch chapter in Berlin (Germany) and California, USA and will extend to Canada, France, Belgium and Spain. DIANA ry is finally here to facilitate the involvement of African intellectual diaspora in remote teaching and research collaboration as well as contact activities with African universities and research organisations. The activities of DIANA are spelt out in different “Professional Mobility Programmes”, Virtual and contact. DIANA-ry shall conduct on behalf of the African Diaspora communities the selection of Fellows and place at the disposal of the African Universities. DIANA ry’s operations are need based i.e., based on the expressed needs of African Universities for expertise. DIANA ry’s management has a wonderful network and sufficient experts trained (with Ph.Ds and Master in Higher Education Management) to outsource African academic expertise from Europe, United States and other parts of the world. Technically, DIANA ry is composed of a pool of experts drawn from different knowledge fields who assess expertise of potential Fellows from the African Intellectual Diaspora and recommend to the appropriate office of DIANA ry. DIANA ry has country representatives to reach the grassroots, the diaspora intellectuals and home representatives who promote the use of this diaspora expertise in Africa.
DIANA ry will amongst others:
- Involve diaspora experts of African dissent and their colleagues in research and education delivery of African universities and related education
- and R & D institutions.
- Increasing the capacity of research and education delivery of African universities and related education and R & D institutions.
- Facilitate Professional Mobility of the African intellectual diaspora with Africa
- Fill research and teaching gaps in African countries
- Undertake and facilitate the placement of African intellectual diaspora in African universities and related industrial organisations.
- Internationalise education, science and research training in African universities and related industrial organisation
- Improve quality of education and research excellence in African universities i.e. through increased quantity and quality of teachers and research trainers from the diaspora pool.
- Mobilise resources to facilitate the placement and contribution of African diaspora in the academics, scientific and technological and industrial
- developments of African countries
For further information visit other elements of the website, the charter of DIANA ry and the FAQ.
DIANA ry is finally here to facilitate the involvement of African intellectual diaspora in remote teaching and research collaboration as well as contact activities with African universities and research organisations.